These prayers and psalms are focused on overcoming delay.
Delays can be frustrating and challenging, causing us to sometimes lose hope and faith in God’s promises for us according to His word.
These Psalms and prayers are here to remind you that our God is a faithful God who always keeps His promises, and He has given us the tools to overcome delay through the power of His word.
Pray these 10 prayers and psalms with boldness and expectation, knowing that God will meet you at the point of your need.
Read Open Heavens 9 May 2023 By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
- Psalm 27:14 – “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!“
Prayer point: Father, give me the strength and courage to wait for your perfect timing and help me to trust in your plan for my life, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 40:1-2 – “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.“
Prayer point: Lord, help me to patiently wait for you to bring me out of the pit of delay and set my feet upon a firm foundation, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 62:5 – “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.“
Prayer point: Father, help me to quiet my soul and find my hope in you alone as I wait for your perfect timing, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 130:5-6 – “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.“
Prayer point: Lord, help me to wait for you with eager anticipation, knowing that your promises are true and your timing is perfect, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 37:7 – “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!“
Prayer point: Father, help me to be still before you and trust in your faithfulness, even when it seems like others are prospering while I am delayed, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 130:1-2 – “Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!“
Prayer point: Lord, hear my cry for mercy as I wait for you to move in my life and bring an end to this delay, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 37:34 – “Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.“
Prayer point: Father, help me to keep your ways as I wait for you to exalt me and fulfill the promises you have made to me, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 38:15 – “But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.“
Prayer point: Lord, I know that you are the only one who can answer my prayers and bring an end to this delay. Help me to wait for you with confidence, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 130:7-8 – “O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.“
Prayer point: Father, I put my hope in you, knowing that your love for me is steadfast and that you will redeem me from this delay, in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 27:13 – “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!“
Prayer point: Lord, help me to believe that I will see your goodness in my life here and now, even as I wait for you to move, in Jesus’ name.
Keep pressing in with prayers and psalms, and never lose hope in God’s promises. As the psalmist said in Psalm 27:14, “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Remember, delays are not denials, and God’s timing is always perfect.
Keep trusting in Him, and He will surely bring you through to victory. God bless you.