MFM Daily Devotional 16 December 2022
TOPIC: The Power Of Unity (III)
Proverbs 29:22 – “An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.”
Where anger reigns, disunity will also reign.
I decree total destruction to the powers assigned to tear our families and nation apart, in the name of Jesus.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Malachi 2:17 – Malachi 4; Revelation 7, Psalm 144:1-8
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Acts 15:36-40 (KJV)
Today, we will further examine the causes of disunity in various institutions and strata of the society. My prayer is that God will establish unity among the saints and His purpose for mankind will be fully achieved, in the name of Jesus. Bitterness is another root cause of disunity.
Bitterness defiles and God warns all believers against giving it any room in their lives. Hebrews 12:15 says, “Lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.” The gall of bitterness is destructive and divisive. It filled King Saul’s heart and he pursued David for years, bent on killing the young man, but God did not allow it.
Dear reader, avoid bitterness at all costs. Anger and quick temper also lead to disunity. Proverbs 29:22 says, “An angry man stirreth up strife and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.” There are many Christians that are still struggling with an uncontrollable temper. They are poor learners. It was anger that ruined the illustrious career and ministry of Moses.
Where anger reigns, disunity will also reign. You must pray anger out of your life so that you can be God’s agent of peace. The habit of repeating things we know we shouldn’t causes disunity. Why do you have to open a wound that is healing? Proverbs 17:9 says that he that repeateth a matter separates friends. Closely related to this is the fact that talebearers are enemies of unity. You should avoid them. The Bible says that where there is no talebearer, strife will cease (Proverbs 26:20).
Finally, the inability to stop arguing gives birth to disunity. That is why the Bible counsels us that the beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water and that we should leave off contention. Proverbs 20:3 also says that it is an honour to cease from strife.
- Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional – Deliverance And Holiness
- Andrew Wommack Daily Devotional 16 December 2022 – The Father’s Plan
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading for Friday, December 16th, 2022
Dearly beloved, avoid unnecessary argument, contention and strife. Let unity, love and peace reign. When there is disunity, people will not be able to work together (Amos 3:3). Acts 15:36-40 proves this between Paul and Barnabas. This can destroy the work of God. Let us avoid disunity.
MFM Daily Devotional 16 December 2022 Prayer Points
1. Contention and strife assigned to tear the brethren apart, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers assigned to hinder believers from working together, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. The grace to cease from strife, fall upon all believers, in the name of Jesus.
4. Spirit of friendship and togetherness, reign among believers and in the Church, in the name of Jesus.
5. I overcome the spirit of uncontrollable anger, in the name of Jesus.
6. Spirit of bitterness that defiles, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. O God, arise and let every enemy of peace and unity in my nation scatter, in the name of Jesus.