MFM Daily Devotional 13 April 2023
TOPIC: Be a Good Imitator of God (II)
MEMORY VERSE: Proverbs 20:11
Even a child is known by his doings whether his work is pure or whether it be right.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: Imitating God is the key to pleasing Him and prevailing in life.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: You shall not be a bad example for your children, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5:1-9
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 16 – 18; Revelation 17 -18.
MFM Daily Devotional 13 April 2023 MESSAGE
Yesterday, we established the truth that parenting is powerful because it shapes the mind. attitude and actions of our children for either good or bad. Children learn their behaviour by watching and imitating the people they see the most, usually parents and especially during their formative years.
As a parent, how can you set the right examples for your children? The first step you need to take is to make the Bible your manual for parenting. It is the instructional manual provided by God, the original parent. The Bible says, “Be ye, therefore, followers of God as dear children.”
You can imitate and follow God by doing the following:
(1) Live a life of love. Remember love is the antidote of fear.
(2) Always look to Christ as your example.
(3) Imitate the nature, character and behaviour of God the Father.
(4) Obey and follow Him in word and deed.
(5) Provide your children with a reliable model on which to pattern their lives.
No one becomes an effective parent by accident. Effective parenting must be planned, focused and have an expected end in mind. Good parents do not leave their job to another person; they are responsible stewards and accountable individuals with a determination to please God.
Also, godly parents ensure that they do not repeat the mistakes their own parents made in parenting. In other words, they pattem their parenting after the word of God and avoid the parenting mistakes of others. Beloved parent, no matter how hard you try, without the help of the Holy Spirit in parenting, your desire to nurture your children well will be poor. You must model them with the love and behaviour of God.
As you resolve to become a good example to your children, the power of the Holy Spirit will enable you to do so, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 13 April 2023 PRAYER POINTS
1. My children, you shall live to fulfil your divine agenda, in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers assigned to limit the potential of my children, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Destiny terminators shall not succeed over my children, in the name of Jesus.
4. I destroy all the decisions and plans of the enemy against my children, in the Jesus name.
5. Every evil effect of my decisions on my children, I nullify you, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, help me to train my children in Your way and fear, in the name of Jesus.
7. Witchcraft plantation against the destinies and stars of my children, be rooted out by fire, in the name of